Saturday, July 7, 2012
An award and tag
I was passed on this award and tag by one of my favourite bloggers, Uma.
To be very honest, I used to think the awards in the blogosphere were quite silly. They are passed around until everyone's got one and it just seemed a case of you-scratch-my-back-and-I'll-scratch-yours. However, I soon realized the awards are not just some form of artificial popularity contest but just another form of the encouragement and support fellow bloggers provide each other. In any case, most of the time they come with a tag attached and it's a good opportunity to think of something different to write about instead of the same old repetitive thing (many times when I am posting, I think, hey haven't I written about this thing earlier?)
So, a big thanks to you Uma. I think I've done the random things tag earlier but don't mind doing it again :)
1. I wear glasses. Most people don’t know this cos I am very indisciplined about wearing them, though I've tried to be more regular after my daughter Y started wearing them.
2. I eat a lot – several small meals a day. While that’s really a very healthy thing to do, I do it mainly because I have a low sugar problem so need to keep upping the glucose levels with regularity.
3. I love getting wet in the rain.
4. I used to not like dogs very much when I was a kid but then my 2 best friends in high school turned out to be dog-lovers! They converted me and now I’m fine with large furry dogs jumping on me, slobbering all over me and lying on their back to be scratched on their tummies
5. My first car was a Maruti 800 (hardly see those on the roads any more)
6. I still read Enid Blytons!
7. I love Tex-Mex but I can’t stand authentic Mexican food.
I'm not passing this on to anybody specific but do feel free to take up the tag (and let me know if you do!).